Automatic Lightning Detection & Warning System
How to select a correct and accurate lightning detection and warning system.
There are many type of lightning warning system in the market.
Some sensor are using the pre-sets figure of electrostatic discharge or electric fields radio wave to predict and determine lightning activities. As the electrostatic discharge are everywhere in the environment even without lightning activities therefore relying on this single mode using electrostatic- electric field can lead to false alarm.
Strike Guard lightning detection and warning system sensor employs state-of-the-art technology using optical and radio emissions (Electro-magnetic) to monitors cloud to cloud and cloud to ground lightning.
- Receives and processes the optical and radio emissions (Electro-magnetic) of lightning discharges within 32 Km radius of the Sensor.
- Classifies lightning signals by estimated range to the discharge.
- Rejects background noise.
- Transmits serial data messages to the Lightning Data Receiver via a lightning proof fiber optic link.
- Performs a periodic self-test of Sensor functions including battery charge level and transmits confidence messages to the Lightning Data Receiver to ensure that a healthy Sensor and viable communications link are available.
No false alarms! Patented technology
- Sensor and communication self-test
- Sensor is battery-powered for easy installation
- Durable Fiber-Optic communication with connector-less technology
- Lightning-proof data communication and NEMA-4X Sensor enclosure
- EN 50536 Compliance.
- BCA SS 555 Code of Practice for Protection against Lightning compliance.
- Class A or Class 1 Lightning warning system with added E- Field meter.
The Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver:
- Receives the serial data transmissions from the Strike Guard Lightning Sensor and decodes the lightning and status messages needed to give audible and visual lighting information on the LDR panel.
- Provides user-set options and thresholds for issuing lightning alarms via front panel LEDs, audio transducers and contact-closure signalling.
- Provides the relay contact-closures needed to activate automatic the WAVE Siren and Strobe light at outdoor area to notify personnel of lightning events. It also can be connected to other equipment that uses contact-closure signalling.
- Provides continuous operation with battery backup when commercial power fails.
- Indicates Sensor status information and Lightning Data Receiver battery level information.
Unlike a human observer, the Strike Guard Lightning Warning System operates continuously and automatically. Every effort is made to ensure that the Strike Guard
Lightning Warning System does not malfunction or fail during a local thunderstorm, even in conditions with very close lightning. The Strike Guard Sensor is self-powered by long life lithium batteries that are capable of operating a Sensor in a typical setting for over 4 years.
- Optional Strike View Software provides lightning data displays, email and text message notifications, audible and visual lightning alarms, and lightning data reporting.
* Click to view StrikeGuard Brochure VST
* Click to view Wave Sequencer Datasheet V9 - VST
* Click to view Wave siren transmitter VST